Written Criteria (35 writing points):
- The student’s criticism must be at least 3 paragraphs in length (12 points).
- Article must include a distinct paragraph arrangement that guides the audience’s reading and thinking about the album (5 points).
- Article must include a distinct opinion of the work’s overall artistic value (3 points).
- Article must include two MLA styled quotes to back opinions and prove research (5 points).
- Article must include at least two MLA Works Cited Page Entries (5 points).
- Criticism is between 500 and 1200 words.
Language Criteria (15 Language Points):
- Article must be grammatical clean (5 points).
- Article must not use any Dead Words (5 points).
- Article must capture the wider picture of the album’s significance, be written engagingly, and add personal style to the topic (5 points)
Possible Sources of Research:
Extra Credit Assignment:
Worth a possible 20 Extra Credit Points! Using the photo editor Befunky.com create an alternative album cover for your selected album. Then in at least 10 sentences, explain how the art mimics the mood and tone of the album. An example is pictured below.