With your group members,please answer the questions below visually. Please pay close attention to what each is asking and be prepared to explain your choices.
- Using the Google Doc Above, please leave a detailed comment on the google doc for the first page of the editorial. Answer each question using specific evidence.
- What is the topic of this editorial?
- What is the author’s emotional reaction to this topic?
- What kind of individual do you believe this author is? Describe his mindset, background, and culture.
- Wallace makes a point of referencing various classist symbolism throughout the text. What point is he trying to prove by doing so?
- Discuss the author’s tone and diction? What can be said about him and his perspective?
- Discuss the organization of the passage. How does he structure his argument?
- What strategies does the author use to build his credibility?
- Does Foster Wallace commit any logical fallacies while crafting this editorial? If so which one?