I. Use the notes below to build a deeper understanding of visual art.
II. Analyze one piece of artwork below by answering the following questions in the comment section at the bottom of the post:
- What principle is most important to this artwork?
- What element is most important to this artwork?
- What theme is this artwork supposed to teach?
III. With the members of your group, conduct an OPTIC Analysis of your assigned cover that uses specific vocabulary from your notes. Next, please complete the following with a CEI Statement for each question. Be prepared to present your answers verbally with your group member.
- Analyze: Using three elements and three principles from class, please elaborate on the mood, theme, symbolic meaning, and purpose of the cover that your group has been assigned.
- Predict: Using the cover, what does your group believe the rising action and resolution will look like?