Working within your small group, please answer the following questions on a poster.
- What does it mean to “come of age”? Come up with a unique definition.
- According to your group, what is the most difficult part of “coming of age”? What challenges are typical during this part of life?
- Which emotion is most associated with the process of “coming of age”?
- What are the most important things a person learns when they “come of age”?
- Select a narrative (film, music, television, or book) that contains a coming of age theme. How does the story end?
- Draw a symbol that is typically associated with “coming of age”. Does it have a negative or positive connotation?
Be prepared to share your findings!