Working within your small group, please answer the following questions on a poster.
- What does it mean to “come of age”? Come up with a unique definition.
- According to your group, what is the most difficult part of “coming of age”? What challenges are typical during this part of life?
- Which emotion is most associated with the process of “coming of age”?
- What are the most important things a person learns when they “come of age”?
- Select a narrative (film, music, television, or book) that contains a coming of age theme. How does the story end?
- Draw a symbol that is typically associated with “coming of age”. Does it have a negative or positive connotation?
Be prepared to share your findings!
For each of the short films on the next page, please chart its plot and theme on your handout. We will discuss each before we move on.
The project below is designed to reflect on the impact of your personality test and make sure you are accustomed to using and posting on Microsoft 365.
Project Total – 20 writing points:
- Please title the post with the four – letter abbreviation of your personality type (ex. ENFJ) (2 points).
- In a complete paragraph, please choose an animal and explain how that animal symbolically represents your personality. How does this animal embody one of your strengths? How does it embody your weaknesses? (5 points – 1 per sentence)
- Choose an image of your animal from a search engine and insert it into your post (3 points).
- In a complete paragraph, please answer the following question: Based on the results of your Meyers-Briggs and Multiple Intelligence surveys, if you could design a classroom to fit only your personality, what would it look like? If you had ultimate freedom to create your own learning environment, what would you include to fit your needs (10 points – 1 per sentence)?
On different sides of your notebook paper, please answer the following questions. Please do not show your answers to anyone!
Front Side: Which three qualities are most opposite from what best describes you?
Back Side: What location would you most like to vacation at?
Your job is to locate the individual who answered these questions by asking indirect questions. You may not ask the direct questions above straight up, you may not ask about qualities, and you may not ask about specific locations or countries!
Final Rule: You may only speak to 3 individuals! Choose wisely!